We then went to the Jewish district of Krakow and visited the factory where Oscar Schindler protected so many Jewish people during World War II. It was a wonderful museum. We spent a long time there reading and watching and doing the hands-on activities. Tucker especially liked this one. I think he could have spent all day there, reading every word.
We were WAY past lunch at this point and the word HUNGRY came up a LOT on the way back to the hotel. We ended up eating at the hotel and it was so good. Craig and I both had big, juicy hamburgers. Yummo. Karolina ordered herself again. We've decided put a stop to that. The kids menu gave them a soup starter, choice of main, choice of side and dessert. She did order tomato soup, but she skipped the main and went right for the French fries. The waiter brought her a plate full of fries. I made her eat half of my salad before she ate all fries. She put on a face about that, but she did it. I ordered for Sarah Jane and got her rice with veggies to go with her chicken fingers. The look on her face when it was set before her was priceless. We were all laughing so hard. She pushed both lips out far and had an amused look in her eyes. I wish I had a video!
Craig and I and the new ones took a walk back over to the square to see the Christmas Market. There we found out the internet was wrong (shocker). The market starts Wed., the day AFTER we leave. I'm so sad. :( But we got hot chocolate at a little coffee shop and Kaddie, Peter and Sarah Jane enjoyed that a lot! It started raining on our way back to the hotel, but not bad enough to be miserable. The kids sang ALL the way back. Everyone kept looking at them and smiling.
We got to Skype with Grannie, Edsel, Chris, Julie, Jackson, Jordan, Jacob and Mitch while they were celebrating Thanksgiving together. Edsel tried out his Polish on Karolina. We don't know what he said, and apparently neither did she! She looked at him like he had said her nose was green or something. Had us all laughing. :)
St. Kingas chapel
Names of all of Schindler's workers.......
It's snowing this morning. :) I watched it for 30 minutes before any of the kids woke up. ahhhhhh
These sound like wonderful memories you are making!
ReplyDeleteAmazing salt sculptures and your pictures capture them so well. Now we know more about origins of the name "Kinga," too (princess, saint). We look forward to every post. We love you all, bunches.
ReplyDeleteWe were actually listening to the theme from Schindler's List while reading this post! Thanks, Tucker, for the stash of soundtrack music! -N
ReplyDelete