Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Snow?

90% chance of snow tomorrow in Warsaw!  :)

Ellie is sick, now. :(  Sore throat and a fever.  Pray for no more sickness!!! 

Kinga ran up and hugged me tight today and said the Polish words for Thank You.....for no apparent reason. :)

Things I'm missing:  (besides all of you!)

~my crock pot

~big fluffy bath towels  (the ones here are thin and don't even reach all the way around Ellie!)

~being able to lock the bathroom door

~my clothes dryer (I don't mind hanging up clothes, but it takes 3 days for them to dry!!)

~gallon jugs of milk

~Wal-Mart (that's a shocker, huh?)

~my carrot peeler

~saltshakers

~our air popcorn popper

~our schedule  :)

We went to the green market today and bought lots of apples, bananas, pears, mushmelons, a pineapple, hazelnuts, an avocado and some kiwi.  It's within walking distance of our house and is open on Tuesdays and Fridays! Yum! 

We also had lunch at KFC.  The kids ate 2 buckets full of chicken and fries.  I get tickled watching people watch us.  English speakers with Polish kids and the kids are yelling Mama!  And Tata! It's great.

Craig and I took the newest additions and Sully to the big grocery store with us.  I shopped by myself in order to get it done quickly.  Craig took the kids to get ice cream (there is a mall attached to the big grocery store~ it's odd, I'll have to explain later.)  While there, Karolina ordered for herself.  How surprised Craig and Sully were when the lady handed her a triple decker cone!!!  No shrinking violet here.  :)  We also found out what the little boy told her the other day that got her so mad.  He told her she ate her boogers.  (translation by Adam)  Glad it wasn't something worse!

They are all watching The Incredibles in Polish. :)

Goodnight!
















2 comments:

  1. So how do you say "You caught me mono-logging" in Polish? Can't wait to meet them!
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's snow in Iowa, too!! Post pictures, please!! -Natalie

    ReplyDelete