Monday, November 11, 2013

Zoo Day!

Sunday:  We loaded up in our 9 passenger van and made the 35 minute trip to the Warsaw zoo.  The kids had never been before and they loved the animals, for a while.  It's funny how zoos put the birds in the front and you keep looking at them until you are tired and then the big animals don't seem as exciting.  :)
sisters, sisters!

 brothers!
 walking with all 7 kids!!
 Karolina was DESPERATE to see the giraffes and was so excited when we finally made it!
 Ellie made sure we included a hippo for Sara Kate. :)  This one jumped into the water, went under and then came back up right in front of us with his mouth wide open!
 3 tigers. :)
7!

All 9 of us!!

On the way home, just a cool building.
 
Today, Monday, our social worker came to visit.  She was very sweet and asked lots of questions.  How we spend our day, the kids appetites, how they sleep, if they are adjusting, their English (Karolina rolled her eyes and gave an IYIYI at that one.)  It seemed to go really well. 
One of Karolina's favorite words is "Phooey!"  She'll look at the table and whatever she doesn't like she'll say "Bleh" or "Phooey". 
Kinga is sitting on my lap playing legos while I type.:)
We played soccer in our yard for a long time this morning.  It's cold, but beautiful.  Lots of sunshine and no wind.
Karolina is either hot or cold.  She's a tiger or a kitten, really mad or really happy.  Ecstatic or pouty.  No in betweens for this kid.  Thank goodness she doesn't get mad very often!  She's gotten pouty at me or Craig when we don't let her do something, but not mad.  She's gotten mad at Peter a couple of times.  She has gotten a little sad at night twice, missing the lady at the orphanage, so we cuddle and talk till she feels better.  Last nite we google mapped Prattville and I zoomed down until we could see our house.  We could see the pool, the trampoline and even Mudge.  I showed her her window.  She liked that.
 
Peter is picking up on English so well!  He is so typically boy.  He wrestles and runs and falls and yells and laughs and bumps his head, cries, and then is up and at it again in no time.  He put a ton of ketchup and mustard on a piece of bread and ate it for lunch today.  Tucker almost gagged.  Polish people like ketchup on everything.  They dip their pizza in it and put it on French toast!!  Phooey!
 
We probably won't go swimming here.  We hear males have to wear speedos in their pools for safety (so the legs of the bathing suits don't catch and the diving boards and stuff)  If we go, and my guys wear speedos, I'll be sure to post a picture.  JUST KIDDING.  GROSS GROSS GROSS.
 
 
Kinga continues to be a little treasure.  She says please and thank you now.  She calls me all forms of mama:  mama,  mommy, mamow, momoshka, and Momeeeeeeee when she needs something. :)  She has warmed up to Craig, whom she ignored in the beginning. She'll climb in his lap now and let him hold her.  She warmed up to Tucker yesterday at the zoo and let him carry her around.  I don't know if I mentioned that she is totally potty trained.  She hasn't had one accident and doesn't wet the bed, even tho she drinks a lot before she goes to sleep.  All of them go right to sleep at night, I think we wear them out good.:)
 
By the way, Paces, we have tried almost everything on the Veggies Tales 8 Days of Polish Christmas list.  Some good, some not so good. :)  We had Piergio today (a mixture of potatoes, maybe some cheese, and something sweet, stuffed in a crescent of pasta and boiled like tortellini).  The original Clements didn't think much of it but the 3 new Clements smothered it with ketchup and mustard and gobbled it up.  Yuck.
 
They LOVE Juice Plus!
 
Our yard is full of gorgeous, huge Frazier fur looking trees.  You know I how feel about having a yard full of Christmas trees! :)  I can just see them covered with lights.
 
Ta Ta for now!
~R
 

5 comments:

  1. Your descriptions of everything make me laugh. =) I think I can relate to Karolina. I'm like Anne (Shirley)... I'm usually either soaring or crashing. I'm not at all like Marilla, "keeping my feet safely on the ground." I'm so glad that Karolina's usually happy and sweet, though! Can't wait to meet them all! -Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your posts. I can't wait to meet the whole clan. They will be speaking good English before you get back. I told Butch the picture of all 9 of you at the zoo would be great on a Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! Such amazing progress in a short time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have really enjoyed reading all of your posts, especially the last one, that they are YOURS now. :) We can't wait to get up to Prattville and meet them! Blessings to you, especially as you travel home and deal with car sickness. We have one kid and one dog who don't do so well in cars, nothing compared to your stories! We are praying for calmer tummies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We, the Mortons, can't figure out how to log on the blogsite. So when we visit Natalie, she brings it up for us! Sara loved the hippo, Ellie. She even got a stuffed one for her birthday, much smaller than her first one and wearing a tutu and bow on her head! Missing every one of you and can't wait to meet our new friends. Praying for you all. -Candi

    ReplyDelete